Monday, August 3, 2009

Whimper...

I don't know if I've explained my love for animals to you yet. I might have. I've posted pics of a koala, so I probably have. I cry at ASPCA commercials. And the new Dawn commercials that have oil-soaked baby ducks. Needless to say, I'm willing to take in any mammal that comes my way. So when Ray and I drove by our house to go to the mailbox tonight and saw a cat in the bushes, I got really excited. And when it was still in the bushes when we got back, I went into stealth mode to try to get it to come to me (because I'm convinced that every animal will like you if you show a little affection--rabies or disease don't really come to mind...). But it snuck up behind me! She started rolling around in the driveway, being all cute... And Ray actually uttered, "If you can play with it and NOT sneeze, we can keep it."

WHAT?!

See, as much as I love animals, I'm that allergic to most of them. So this was a BIG deal. So of COURSE I played with her for a little while. I thought I might have had him... this cat had a big scar (fairly fresh on her shoulder)... I sang a little Sarah McLachland (sp?)--no, I really did (I could rock one of those commercials), cat jumped in his lap, but eventually I had to come inside. So we waited with baited breath to see what would happen. And what did I do ten whole minutes after this wonderful creature came into my life? I SNEEZED. And it ruined the whole thing. No more cat for Anna. Because of one sneeze. And now a poor, hungry, lovable kitty is waiting on my front porch for someone to save it from its hard life in the streets because something in my body hates animal dander. It's some cruel trick, I tell you.

Harumph.

No comments: